Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Week In the Pit

In all honesty, the last week has been emotionally and spiritually challenging for me. Yesterday morning, however, I grabbed by preaching Bible, opened it up to the place where I last used it (Ps 139) and read Ps 138, since I hadn’t stopped to read it at anytime while preparing for Ps 139….and these words hit me.

“I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart…for your love and faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your Word….When I called, you answered me…Though the LORD is on high, he looks upon the lowly…though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life…the LORD will fulfill his purpose for me, your love, O LORD, endures forever…do not abandon the works of your hands.”

And I was reminded last night of how God has brought some incredible people into the life of Grandview. I wish I could predict the future and comfort the anxiety and discouragement that I have felt, but I can’t. I CAN choose how to respond to the challenge before us…and honestly, if you would’ve asked me two days ago, my response would be different than it is right now. This morning, my prayer is that God would continue to show me how faithful he is…and that despite what happens in a year from now, He is preparing me for something useful in His kingdom.


God loves me and has a purpose for me....Thank You Lord!

2 comments:

  1. The Lord is in control and His plan is perfect. If only we could tattoo this over our eyeballs so we would not forget it. Thanks Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but really, i'm so glad you can't tattoo it on your eyeballs... because -man- that would HURT

    ReplyDelete