Friday, August 14, 2009

Chain Gang

OK, so I've spent most of the last several days digging around in the dirt...we've removed a pond, waterfall and hundreds of roots from various bushes and trees from two different flower beds at a mission home that we're getting ready for the Nurse Family from Portugal. With pick axe and shovel in hand, we've toiled and toiled, only to be reminded of how old I feel...and am, I guess. In the August Houston humidity, it doesn't take long before sweat pours from every part of my body...TMI, I realize. But I keep reminding myself that it's for a greater cause. Once the pieces begin to fall into place, and once they arrive and are enjoying a new patio in their awesome 6th month residence, I know I'll be glad I did it.
In a few weeks, my kids return to school. My daily schedule will change somewhat, which I'm hoping will allow for more reflection time each day. I will also start another seminary class, just one this time. But again, I hold out for the hope that one day, I will finish, Lord willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment